Skip to main content

Full text of "Bob Buente South Park BID Emails through 10/2018"

See other formats

FW: 1036 S Grand interest

Subject: FW: 1036 S Grand interest
From: Ellen Riotto <ellen@southpark.la>

Date: 04/30/2018 12:49 PM

To: Robin Bieker <robin@biekerco.com>, Daniel Taban <daniel@jadeent.com>,
Robert Buente <bbuente@1010dev.org>, Channing Henry
<cha nning@almadevelopment.com>

All,

I'm really striking out with the search for a new office space, and I could use your
advice. Ted Tanner intro'd me directly to the Kastner family (owners of 1212 S Olive) - we
had some back and forth but ultimately he gave me the same answer as Tony (below, re: 1036
S Grand). I'm afraid we simply do not have enough budgeted for rent. I'm going to work
with our accountant to see how much more we can squeeze out, but I think it's time we
consider if and how much we want to increase assessments next year. We haven't increased
in 2 years, and per our Management District Plan, the Board can decide to increase up to
5% annually. I'll be ready to discuss at our next Exec Comm check in later this month. In
the meantime, please keep an eye out for potential spaces in the district.

Thanks,

Ellen

From: Tony Diamond <tondiamond@yahoo. com>

Date: Friday, April 27, 2018 at 9:50 AM
To: Ellen Riotto <ellen@southpark.la>

Cc: Robin Bieker <robin@biekerco.com> , Tony Diamond <tondiamond@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 1036 S Grand interest

Hi Ellen,

Your offer is unfortunately too low.

Best,
Tony

www.staytony.com

1 of 3

10/19/2018 09:22 AM

FW: 1036 S Grand interest

355 N. Canon Drive
Beverly Hills CA. 90210
(310) 490-6665 Tel
(815) 361-7475 Fax

tonygstaytony■com

instag ram.com/stay.tony

facebook.com/staytonyofficial
Lie #01366030

On Friday, April 27, 2018, 9:16:58 AM PDT, Ellen Riotto <ellen@southpark.la> wrote:

Hi Tony

Hope you're well! Following up on this. We'd love to schedule a walk through with a GC
sometime next week. Please let me know what you think.

Happy Friday!

Ellen

Ellen Riotto
Executive Director
South Park BID

1100 S Flower St, #3400, Los Angeles, CA 90015
o. 213-663-1112
24/7: 866-560-9346
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 20, 2018, at 1:41 PM, Ellen Riotto < ellen@southpark.la <mailto:ellen@southpark.la>
> wrote:

Hi Tony,

The BID is interested in leasing 1036 S Grand. It's the ideal location and has everything
we're looking for - raw warehouse space for our clean and safe teams, prominent

2 of 3

10/19/2018 09:22 AM

FW: 1036 S Grand interest

street-level presence, alley and parking access, and space to build out offices for the 5
staff. As I mentioned when we met, our monthly budget for rent is no more than $10k if we
are also required to absorb the full costs of TIs. Before moving forward, we want to
confirm that the BID will not be held liable for structural maintenance in the event of
damage due to natural disaster or accident. Our interest is also contingent upon
inspections by contractors.

We've just gone through the renewal process with the city, so our city contract is good
through 2022. I'd like to sign a lease agreement that brings us at least through the
current lifecycle of the BID.

Thanks in advance, and please let me know if you need anything else from me in order to
get the ball rolling.

Best,

Ellen

Ellen Riotto
Executive Director
<image001.png>

South Park Business Improvement District

1100 S Flower St, Suite #3400, Los Angeles, CA 90015

ellen@southpark.la <mailto:ellen@southpark.la> | o. 213 663 1112

southpark.la <http://www.southpark.la/> | Facebook <http://fb.com/SouthParkLosAnqeles> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/southparkla> | Instag ram <https://www.instaqram.com
/southparkla/>